Sunday 29 August 2010

I heart No.7

Morning everyone! Hope you are all having a lovely lazy Sunday.

I am currently having a very lazy morning and thought I'd share some purchases with you - from the comfort of my bed :)

I'm sure you all know that Boots are giving away their £5 off No.7 and Ruby and Millie vouchers at the moment. So, I popped in yesterday to see what I could get with mine.

I was really after a new foundation so after a look around the counter a I decided to opt for the Stay Perfect liquid foundation. I swatched a few but really couldn't decide which colour to take. Then appeared the lovely assistant Marilyn who was more than happy to help me out. She did a colour match for my face but we both agreed that none of the colours were really suitable to my skin tone - all too dark. Instead, she recommended I try the Intelligent Balance Mousse Foudation - £11 for 30g.


I had used a mousse foundation before - a long time ago - but I was a bit dubious I must admit. I am so used to my liquid foundations now I was feeling a bit out of my comfort zone. Marilyn applied it to my skin and WOW. It was the perfect match to my skin tone and left my skin feeling sliky smooth. I LIKE! My colour is number 30 - almond. I tried it out when I got home and I am extremely impressed. It makes my skin look flawless and its almost like velvet to the touch.

I also got a Natural Blush in number 12 Coral Flush. It's a beautiful pink with a hint of peach. It leaves a very pretty flush to the cheeks and is very soft and blendable. Nice worn as a small flash of colour to the cheeks for day time but can be built up to create a dramatic evening look.



Finally I decided to buy a mascara. I opted for the newbie - Exceptional Definition Mascara. I have read about it on a few blogs, all positive, and the lovely Marilyn was wearing it and it looked great. It has a really unusual wand. It's really three in one. Lengthening, volumising and defining.


As you can see the top of the brush has short, stubby bristles. The bottom has much finer bristles which are great for defining and the end of the brush has a little spiky bit. Similar to the L'oreal telescopic explosion wand. It's fabulous for getting into the tiny little eyelashes in the corner. When I tried this when I got home I fell in love. Definately my new favourite mascara!

And the best bit? My cheeky FREE No7 gift of course!! When you spend £22 on No7  products you can get a free gift work £32.


As the free gifts always do, it comes in a lovely reusable make up bag. And it's crammed full of miniature goodies :)



From L-R we have: Protect and Perfect Day Cream with SPF 15, Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Pewter, Cleanse and Care Eye Make Up Remover for all skin types, Moisture Drench Lipstick in Pink Crush, Lash 360 Mascara in Black and finally Protect and Perfect Intense Beauty Serum. I think these free gifts are great. It's a way to try out samples of things you've never used or may never have tried before you commit to buying them.

Lots of goodies = Happy Debs.

What have you guys spent your voucher on??

Love me xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx