Wednesday 11 August 2010

ELF Eyebrow Kit: Review

Hey kiddies :)

So as some of you eagle eyed lovelies might have noticed in the picture from my ELF haul, one of the products I recieved was ELF eyebrow kit. I didn't mention it at the time as I hadn't had the chance to try it out yet and wanted to give it a fair review.

My eyebrown are....how can I put it....UNRULY!!! They are shaped well but I have a few sparser areas, mainly the outer edges and the hairs themselves are actually quite long so tend to stick out in any old direction, depending on how I've slept (Not Attractive).
Anyways, short of trimming them, which is something that scares the hell outta me, I am always looking for something new to tame my wild brows.

I've tried a lot. Pencils, gels, vaseline, eyeshadows...etc so when I saw this on the ELF website I thought I'd give it a go. It was very reasonably priced at £3.50, so I had nothing to lose. I originally planned order this in the colour medium, but this was out of stock so opted for light. My eyebrows are brown but not too dark....



The kit itself comes in nice packagin, similar to any of the other ELF studio products. It has one powder section and one pigmented wax section and comes with a double ended application, one end an angled brush for the wax and the other, a soft brush for the powder.




Firstly, I am not a fan of the wax. I feel its too dark and the consistency of it leaves my brows looking waxy and unnatural. And secondly, I'm not a fan of the applicator. Its just too small and does not give the desired effect. Thirdly and most importantly, I really do love the powder. I'm so glad I got it in light, as it gives a really natural finish. I use this to fill in any gaps and shape my brows. I have been using the ELF professional eyeliner brush to do this and it does the job just swell. Any bits I then want to tidy up I use a Rimmel London eyebrow pencil. I feel the pencil on its own is too much. And hey presto I am loving the finished look. I would definately re-purchase this again just for the powder section as the price is cheap enough to justify.

Have any of you guys tried this? Or any other eyebrow products you would recommend?

Debs xxx

PS I would just like to say thank you so much to you guys for subscribing to my blog. I never in a million years thought even one person would be interested in anything I had to say so to have even 10 followers at this moment is so feel good. So thanks lovelies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx