Friday 7 January 2011

Maybelline Superstay 24hr Foundation

I recently picked up a bottle of Maybelline's Superstay 24hr Foundation. Having heard some good things about it, I was keen to give it a go.


First off, let me say I am sceptical about ANY foundation which claims to last 24hrs! But I was looking for a good 8-10 hours wear out of this, I didn't want to get to lunch time and there was none left on my face.

Here's what Maybelline say:

Why You'll Love It

SuperStay™ 24HR Makeup stays comfortable and looks naturally flawless all day
Micro-Flex formula provides 24-hour wear and No Transfer
Withstands heat, sweat and humidity
Oil-free, dermatologist tested, fragrance-free. Suitable for all skin types.

Sounds good right?

I chose the shade 010 ivory and I was pretty pleased with the match. The first thing I noted about the product is that the application is thick. It also dried very quickly so you have to be fast with applying and blending. The foundation gives good coverage but I found it looked pretty cakey. If you have any flaws, ie dry patches or spots, this is going to just clump around that area and not look nice at all. Because it's oil free, it's not great for dry skin.
One way I did get round this was to add a little moisturiser (E45 lotion) to it and it did definitely help with the application and finished look.

The final observation about this foundation is that it definitely did not last 24hrs. Not even 10hrs. I reckon it looked good for about 6hrs then it started to wear off, and that was both with and without being mixed with moisturiser.

I will continue to use this foundation, mixed in with E45 cream until it's used up but doubt I would repurchase. Have you guys used this product? What was your opinion?

x.x.x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx