Friday 2 December 2011

Rose Petal Salve

My pet hate in winter is dry cracked lips. I have tried numerous different creams, balms and glosses to try to get rid of the flakiness. So with that in mind I was extremely pleased to find the Rose & Co Apothecary Rose Petal Salve in my October Boudoir Prive box.


It comes in a little round tin similar to that of Vaseline. I love how pretty and girly the tin is though, with a hint of vintage. 

The salve itself is also a gorgeous, girly pink.


It's marketed as an 'excellent all round salve' and that is exactly what it is. I primarily use this on my lips. I put it on last thing at night before I go to sleep and my pout is perfectly soft in the morning. It can also be used on patches of rough or dry skin, to keep eyebrows in place and it also makes for a good cuticle balm.

The thing I love most about this though is it's gloriously sweet scent. Although it is marketed as rose petal, the smell really reminds me of traditional Turkish Delight, which I adore. I love that after I've applied it, I can still smell the sweet aroma for ages after.

This is the first Rose & Co product I've tried, although I've had a little nosey around their website and I am very keen to try out the Cherry Kiss lip balm. Mmmm cherries.

Have you tried any Rose & Co products?

x.x.x

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm the texture looks yummy! I'm currently testing some from Figs & Rouge and I'm in love! I love the super cute tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've never heard of this before, I can see it being a must have during winter months!
    lovely blog!
    http://hushed-secrets.blogspot.com/
    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo it's pink and it's pretty (and more importantly is practical...god i'm going overboard on the alliteration) - I might have to treat myself to one to add to my balm/salve collection x x x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx