Friday 30 December 2011

Mission:Possible - No Spend

This time of year is always filled with the promise of new year resolutions which usually, for me anyway, fall flat come the middle of January.

 This year, instead of a resolution to last the full year, cause let's face it, they never last that long, I have set myself a mini resolution. Not to buy any makeup or beauty products between now and the end of February. I'm sure you have seen lots of beauty bloggers set this resolution, this is nothing new, but I think it's a great idea, and think it's a great opportunity to help each other through this *tough* time.

So I have decided that unless I run out of something I need majorly, (which I very much doubt I will) then not a beauty product will go in my shopping basket. I got a Boots gift card for Christmas as well so if I DO urgently need to buy anything I can use that and it won't have come out of my budget.

I'm pretty excited at the prospect of this challenge as my boyfriend and I are hoping to save a deposit for a house within the next year and I really am a terrible saver. Hopefully, this will show me how little I actually need to spend within a month and allow me to to save a little more and reduce my overdraft. Eeek.


So, with payday being today, my mission possible begins. Are any of you guys taking part in a spending ban in the new year? If so, good luck and happy saving.

x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx