Wednesday 22 December 2010

The Sanctuary Warming Charcoal Detox Mask

Hey my lovelies

Hope you are all getting nice and excited for Christmas! With only a few days to go I am finding it hard to contain my excitement. Now that all my shopping and wrapping is done, I only need to finish up work and I can enjoy the full extent of the festivities :)

With all my pennies having been spent on pressies and Christmas nights out, my weekend was spent quietly in the house. A little pampering session included a lovely Lush bath and I decided to use my Sanctuary 5 minute warming charcoal detox mask.


This sample was given to me by Fei at Peonies and Lilies in one of her giveaways a while back, but this was me only just getting round to using it.

This is a self heating mask which is supposed to balance oily and blemish prone skin.
As soon as I squeezed the product into my hands I could feel it heating up immediately so quickly spread it out over my face, avoiding my eyes.

The mask contains Kaolin Clay which absorbs excess oil and draws impurities out of the skin, and essential oils of Myrrh (Christmassy!) which soothes and calms the skin.

I left it on for 5 minutes as the instructions told me to do then rinsed my face with warm water. Afterwards my skin felt really soft, but looked a little red. I guess this was just to do with the heat as my skin did not feel sore or irritated in any way. Anyways, after I'd cooled down I could feel how smooth my face was, and not oily. The next morning my face still felt the same and I'd had no nasty reactions or breakouts. I'd definately consider repurchasing either a sample or full sized tube of the product, which retails at £9.99 for 100ml.

Have any of you guys tried this face mask?

x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for leaving a comment on my post. I enjoy reading every single one of them and I promise i'll get back to you if you ask a question xxx